Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Finally, I made myself some fufu last night and I ENJOYED it.

Living with Andy has its ups and downs. Mostly ups, but one downside that affects me the most is what we eat. He is not a big fan of most African(Ghanaian to be precise) foods that I cook. Don't get me wrong, he loves some of them, for example, jollof rice, fried riped plantain(kokoo), and our normal rice and veggie stew. But when it comes to fufu, kenkey, waakye, banku and all the other hardcore foods from Ghana, he runs away. We all know that it takes hours to make these kind of foods and since Andy doesn't like them I don't have/get the motivation to make them. I had been craving fufu for a long time. Hadn't eaten it in like 3 months. I wanted it so bad but whenever I thought about the time and energy I'd put into making it, I backed out. For some reason, I felt it was selfish to put that time and effort into making fufu just for myself but last night was different. I got home from work, laid down on our couch and started craving it again. This time I didn't back out, I got up, grabbed my purse and head out the door to go get the necessary groceries needed for my cooking. I got back, turned on some music and started cooking. To cut my long story short, I FINALLY cooked my fufu that I had been craving for so long and I really enjoyed it with my groundnut soup. It was delicious, and I am proud of it. I have some leftovers of the soup and I am going to cook some rice to eat it with tonight. :) Below are pictures of my long awaited fufu. hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment